We are one of the many Grain and Feed Merchants in the UK raising money for the Farming Community Network (FCN), by cycling around the UK to complete a total mileage of just under 4,000 miles.
All monies raised will be donated to the FCN, a charity that supports the farming community through times of stress, anxiety, depression affecting both farm households and farm businesses, working with and supporting them as they seek to resolve their problems.
The event is identified as a UK Regional Grain and Feed Trade Associations fund raising event.
All of Duffields’ four mills (Duffields East Anglia, Duffields South East, Duffields South West & Riverside Feeds) are partaking in the GAFT Bike Ride 2018.
Duffields South East will be the first company to start off the Grain & Feed Tour Charity Bike Ride on the 19th of June 2018, cycling from our site in Wingham (Canterbury) to the Port of Tilbury (Essex), covering 67 miles.
On day 5, Duffields South West will be cycling from their site in Yeovil (Somerset) to Riverside Feeds in Honiton (Devon), covering 22.7 miles.
Riverside Feeds will be cycling from their site to N B Pitts in Cullompton (Devon), covering 14.2 miles.
On day 13, Duffields East Anglia (Head Office) will be cycling from their site at Saxlingham Thorpe Mills (Norwich) to ABN (Walsingham), covering 36.7 miles.
Duffields will be matching the amount donated.
So why do we need your help?
- With British farming facing deep uncertainty in the coming years, the workload of FCN volunteers is expected to increase significantly.
- FCN relies solely on donations and grants in order to support the farming community.
- Its costs approximately £1,500 per day to run the organisation.
- They work very closely with other charities to deliver the support to the Farming community.
- The majority of the FCN’s income is spent on running the national helpline, insurance, training and covering the Volunteer’s expenses.
Thank you very much for your support to this fantastic cause. Your donation truly means so much to the Grain and Feed Trade and the Farming Community Network. Every single penny donated is appreciated as the FCN relies solely on donations and grants to support the farming community.