Trading & Sales Assistant
Due to retirement we are looking for a candidate to work within the buying department at feed mill at our headquarters in Saxlingham, Norfolk.
This role is a full-time permanent role (8.30am to 5pm Monday – Friday).
The Role & Tasks:
• Process and input invoices onto system.
• Identify and resolve any invoice queries.
• Receive orders by telephone, e mail, fax and internal memos from customers and Account Managers, etc enter contracts on system and action deliveries
• Be proactive in calling customers pre empting orders and looking for sales opportunities of orders they have had in the past.
• Call customers regarding contracts, delivery dates and intentions of contracts.
• Control and update planning of all “straights” loads to match cost effectively to pass on to transport or directly to customers collecting
• Manage purchase contracts to ensure no additional charges incurred.
• Chase and input weights for all straights call offs and close contracts following invoice
• Support buying assistant and buyer with cover when requested
• Process direct Debits, Cash settlements and credit notes.
• Liaise with Production manager and Transport manager about game crumb tonnes from third party supplier, managing stocks and processing orders
• Pricing straights and buying in against sales as business requires.
• Ability to multitask and prioritise workload is essential
• Must be able to schedule and plan ahead to pre-empt orders to assist with stock limits.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Capable of working as part of a team and under own initiative.
Previous experience within a similar role and knowledge of agriculture/farming would be an advantage.
In Return we offer:
• Salary dependant on experience (37.5hours per week)
• Discretionary company sick pay scheme.
• 30 days holiday per year pro rata (inc Bank Holidays)
If you would to be considered for the above role then please send your C.V to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 30th August 2020
Unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to successful candidates and we reserve the right to withdraw this advert at an earlier date. We are an equal opportunity employer.